Hints and Tips when downloading PDF publications:
- Protected PDF publications are not compatible with a MAC. You will need to be using a Windows based PC with Iinternet Explorer when opening.
- Right click on the link provided and choose "Save Target As", saving the file to your hard drive. If you are downloading more than one PDF publication, make sure the file name is different for each PDF.
- We strongly suggest that you do NOT open the file directly into your browser window to avoid problems with larger files.
- Many of these PDF publications are large -- if you're connecting to the Internet with a dial-up connection, you might want to consider ordering the print publication instead of the PDF download. Depending on the speed of your connection, a large PDF may take upwards of an hour to download to your hard drive.
- A plug-in for Adobe is required which can be installed here http://plugin.fileopen.com/
- An activation code will be provided after your purchase is complete. Your PDF will redirect you to this page to enter your activation code after opening the first time. Internet Explorer is required when activating.
- For help opening your PDF or CD-ROM, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more questions about Adobe Acrobat Reader and PDF file formats, please go to:
When instructed, click below to start a support session with SMACNA.