2009 SMACNA Safety Excellence Award Winners
The SMACNA Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP) is the annual program which allows SMACNA to track the safety history of the industry and recognize members for outstanding safety performance. Participation in the 2009 SSEAP indicates that safety remains a top priority for SMACNA members during the slow economy as 304 members participated in the survey, representing over 80 million man-hours worked in 2008, two significant improvements from last year. Over 30 percent of the surveys were entered “online” through the SMACNA Web site, another continued improvement to the program.
Of particular note, 91 member companies reported “zero injury incidents” for 2009 compared to 75 in 2008. These 91 companies worked a total of over five million man hours without an OSHA recordable injury and will receive recognition awards in the mail. The detailed safety statistics (SMACNA Safety Statistics Profile 2009) is available on the SMACNA website on the members only, safety department webpage.
We are proud to acknowledge the 2009 SSEAP winners in the various man-hour categories, as well as the top chapters with the highest level of survey participants.
First place winners will receive their awards and be recognized at the 2009 SMACNA Convention in Palm Desert, California. Second and third place winners will receive their awards by mail. he 2009 award winners are:
Over 500,000 hours
- University Mechanical and Eng. Contractors – Tempe, AZ
- The Murphy Company – Saint Louis, MO
- BMW Constructors, Inc. - Indianapolis, IN
- Couts Heating and Cooling, Inc. – Corona, CA
- Temp Control Mechanical Corporation – Portland, OR
- Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors Group. – Milwaukie, OR
- CMC Sheet Metal – Capitol Heights, MD
- J.M. Brennan, Inc. – Milwaukee, WI
- E.J. Bartells – Renton, WA
- NEWJAC, Inc. – Lebanon, IN
- Alliant Systems, LLC. – Beaverton, OR
- Technical Building Services, Inc. – Ballston Spa, NY
- Cattrell Companies, Inc. – Toronto, OH
- Jack’s Mechanical Solutions, Inc. – Albuquerque, NM
- Ram Mechanical Services, Inc. – Carol Stream, IL
- Niagara Frontier Custom Fabrication – Buffalo, NY
- Dekalb Mechanical – Dekalb, IL
- AireMasters Air Conditioning – Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Hi-Tech Sheet Metal, Inc. – Chandler, IN
- Cambridge Sheet Metal, Inc. – Whippany, NJ
- D.D.S. Industries Inc. – Somerset, MA
- Capital Sheet Metal – Sacramento, CA
- Equal Air Balance – Orange, CA
- Campbell Ventilation Inc. – Indianapolis, IN
Chapter Participation Awards
- SMCA of Philadelphia and Vicinity
- SMACNA Western Washington
- SMACNA of Western Pennsylvania*
- SMARCA of Minnesota – North Dakota – South Dakota*
*tie for third
SMACNA congratulates all award winners on having an excellent year. We also thank all of our members who participated in the program and invite all SMACNA members to continue to strive toward a goal of improved safety performance.
For questions about the SMACNA Safety Excellence Awards Program, please contact Mike McCullion, director of safety and health, at (703) 995-4027 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.