Technical Project Manager
Posted: September 14, 2015
SMACNA is an international trade association representing the interests of construction contractors engaged in the sheet metal, heating, ventilating and air conditioning industry. SMACNA’s Technical Services Department develops technical standards and manuals for the industry; provides education, advice and assistance regarding application of those standards, manuals and other technical aspects of the industry, and; is active in the national building codes communities to advocate sound industry practices.
Project Manager’s responsibilities:
- Generate ideas and concepts for projects, programs and tools beneficial to the membership and HVAC&R industry at large;
- Advance the understanding technical concepts and their application to potential new business opportunities
- Design and budget for the execution of departmental projects and programs;
- Manage assigned projects and programs to completion;
- Develop standards for sustainable construction practices
- Assist association members with technical projects
- Represent association members at industry-related events
- Respond to technical inquiries from the building construction/design industry
- Create and deliver technical presentations to various industry related groups
Candidates should be familiar with the building construction industry methods and practices. A broad knowledge from both the contractor and designer perspective is desired. Knowledge specific to HVAC or related industry preferred. Other desired qualities include the ability to be a team player, someone who is self-motivated, exercises sound judgment, and has the ability to react to rapidly changing technical, business, and industry innovation.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Other engineering degrees or equivalent technical experiences are also acceptable. Previous construction industry trade association experience desirable.
To apply, e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.