Change Order Management for Field Supervisors – It Takes Teamwork
Thursday, October 15, 2020
10:10 - 11:25 a.m.
Stephane McShane, Director, Maxim Consulting
Effective change order management can dramatically reduce a subcontractor’s risk and increase profitability. In this interactive session, you will explore the change order process from a subcontractor’s viewpoint and see the proper workflow necessary to ensure success.
You will learn how to recognize, scope, price, and negotiate change orders. Learn from an industry expert about how key pieces of information that are generated from field leaders can be used to maximize revenues and profits with impact change orders.
This session will also include:
- A discussion of the requirements and timing for notification of changes
- How to list the items necessary in order to prove an impact claim
- A review of key risk management strategies to minimize margin losses
- How to use strong negotiation skills to increase success in disputes
- An outline of the true costs required to be captured for change orders to be profitable