October 7-10, 2018
About the Program
The SMACNA Advanced PMI program will immerse participants in a simulated world, running a complex sheet metal project involving many associated challenges and complications. Through this real-world simulation, attendees will have to understand and manage the project scope, estimate the cost to complete the project, develop the budget and manage billings and cash flow while making adjustments using change order management.
Participants will learn how to think more strategically about a project and improve their skills on identifying and managing the project financials. The program will address many of the key operational aspects and complexities contractors face today from site logistics to project tracking and forecasting.
- Track Projects more clearly
- Manage schedules more accurately
- Anticipate Impacts and delays
- Proactively manage any payment issues
- Assess any change order impacts
- Provide clear reports to all stakeholders
- Real world simulation and Industry specific exercises
- Reinforcement of leadership and management approaches
- Exposure to detailed project financial reports
Session topics include:
- The Impact of Productivity on Profit
- Becoming a Person of Influence
- Mentoring, Coaching and Performance Management
- Project Tracking, Financials and Forecasting
- Negotiating Skills
- Improving Your Communication Skills / Conflict Management
- Meeting Management
About the Presenter
Senior Consultant, FMI
As a senior consultant with FMI, Andy specializes in the creation and implementation of training programs, which are designed to develop world-class leadership and organizational effectiveness. His enthusiastic approach draws from his real-world experience in management and the construction industry. Andy has over 25 years’ experience working with private and public sector owners and contractors. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Operations Engineering from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
The registration fee includes program materials and planned activities each day. Accommodations are paid separately by attendees. To reserve your place in the program, submit the online registration form with payment no later than September 7, 2018.
This program is open to SMACNA members only.
- $2,490* before September 7, 2018
- $2,690* after September 7, 2018
*Additional registrants from the same company will receive a $200 discount which will be applied upon verification of second registrant application.
Hotel accommodations are booked for you at the Embassy Suites Raleigh Crabtree Hotel on a first come, first serve basis, upon payment of the meeting registration fee. The hotel fee is $139/night + applicable taxes.
*Cancellations must be received in writing. In the event of a cancellation before September 7, 2018, there will be a $300 cancellation fee. If cancelled after September 7, 2018, there will be no refund.