January 31 - February 3, 2021
Grand Wailea, Wailea, Hawaii
Reservation Deadline: December 23, 2020
The Chapter Executive Institute (CEI) is an annual continuing education program developed specifically for SMACNA chapter executives. The program includes educational sessions, local chapter reports, an overview of the upcoming convention, and serves as an information exchange among chapter executives and national SMACNA staff. CEI benefits both new chapter executives and those with many years’ experience.
Why Attend? You will...
- Build valuable relationships with other chapter executives facing the same issues and concerns.
- Participate in open dialogue with Vince Sandusky – stay up-to-date on current SMACNA and industry activities.
- Learn about the latest in labor relations, legislative affairs, market sectors, safety & health, and technical resources.
- Exchange new ideas and knowledge with fellow chapter executives.
- Learn how to better manage your chapter more efficiently.
- Participate in open forums with your peers – find out what works and what doesn’t work in running a chapter.
- Familiarize yourself with the convention hotel and surrounding areas, and plan for chapter night and other chapter activities during convention.
- Network and exchange ideas with fellow chapter executives either one-on-one or in a group setting.
This program is open to SMACNA chapter executives only.
Registration fee: $250
Room Rate: $479, plus $30 daily resort service charge, plus $3.00 daily room attendant fee, plus $13 porterage charge (charged at check-in and check-out), plus taxes and fees (currently 14.5%).
All the above rooms are run of house rooms. These rates are available 3 days prior/post-meeting, based upon hotel availability.
There is a $100 per person plus tax per night charge for more than 2 persons in any room, with a maximum of 4 persons per room. No charge for children under 17 years of age and younger staying in the same room with parents, utilizing the same bedding. In the Napua Tower, there is a $100 per person/per night charge for additional adults in rooms (with a maximum of 3 adults per room).
Resort service charge includes:
- Tropical flower lei greeting upon arrival
- Two bottles of water on the day of arrival placed in the guestroom
- 45-minute photography session with Pacific Dream Photography (scheduled in advance)
- Unlimited local, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
- Coffee & tea in guest rooms
- Participation in beach yoga class
- Admission to twice-daily SCUBA clinics
- Use of Beach Cruiser Bikes (based on availability)
- Beach umbrellas for use on Wailea Beach (subject to availability)
- In-room internet access (up to 20MB), with wireless capability and internet for multiple devices
Reservations must be made by Wednesday, December 23, 2020. Accommodations will be made on your behalf by SMACNA on a space-available basis, upon payment of the meeting registration fee. A credit card is required to guarantee your hotel reservation and must be presented at check-in for payment of your room, tax, and incidental charges. Please note that the room block is sometimes filled before the room cut-off date, therefore rooms are subject to availability, and a possible rate change. SMACNA will contact you if the room block is full, or if there has been a rate change.
The hotel cancellation policy is 14 days prior to the date of arrival. No-shows and late cancellations will be charged for the full reservation.