April 1-4, 2019
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
Chapel Hill, NC
About the Program
SMACNA's Executive Leadership Development Program is specifically tailored to current CEOs and their direct reports. This intensive 4-day program allows you to enhance your career plan and prepare for eventual ownership of the business.
The Program is designed to:
- Address the most pressing, critical business challenges you’ll face in the next 3-5 years.
- Identify critical industry trends that cause the most concern and create the most opportunities.
- Help you better understand how changes in technology are affecting your business.
- Demonstrate the capabilities/skills that will serve you best in addressing staffing and business challenges.
SMACNA's Executive Leadership Development Program focuses on producing results that enable current executives can take back to their organizations right away. Anchored in the world of contracting, the program focuses on group diversity, application, and real-life learning simulations including:
- Leadership Style
- Talent Management, Acquisition, and Retention
- Generational Differences
- Change Management
Program Benefits to the Individual
- Enhance your leadership effectiveness and self-awareness.
- Identify your dominant leadership preferences and how to use those to your advantage.
- Help to create your own talent management plan.
- Understand multi generational characteristics and how best to motivate and manage each specific generation.
- Create individual change goals and work to identify and avoid personal barriers to success.
Program Benefits to Your Organization
- Deepen overall leadership capabilities.
- Drive strategic and operational performance.
- Plan for a smooth succession to a highly qualified executive.
- Get the most out of your executive team.
Who should attend
Ideal candidates are current CEOs and/or their direct reports. Attendees should have a minimum of 5-7 years of leadership and/or management experience.
About the Faculty
UNC Kenan-Flagler’s world-class professors partner to guide and coach program participants to think critically and creatively, work collaboratively, identify and enhance their personal strengths and sharpen their underdeveloped skills. This hands-on, intensive approach provides the kind of honest, critical, and individualized feedback that helps leaders achieve breakthrough performance.
Mabel Miguel (Mabel)
Clinical Professor of Organizational Behavior and Director of the Global Business Center
Mabel Miguel is professor of leadership and management and Director of the GBC and Global Education Initiative at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s Kenan-Flagler Business School. She leads global education programs and initiatives, and teaches core leadership and management skills to MBA, Executive MBA, MBA@UNC and global OneMBA® students. Read more about Mabel
Matthew Pearsall (Matt)
Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior
Matt Pearsall is an Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and an award-winning teacher. He currently teaches Negotiations and Leadership in the full time MBA program. Read more about Matt.
Jennifer Giordano (Jenn)
Affiliate Faculty, UNC Executive Development
Jennifer Giordano has over a decade of coaching and facilitation experience. She worked internally at Fortune 500 companies, and then launched her own coaching and training practice in 2009. Read more about Jenn.
Registration and Hotel Information
UNC Executive Development’s unparalleled facility consistently ranks among the top facilities worldwide for executive education. The Rizzo Center combines sophisticated meeting space with a serene setting, integrated instructional technology, and award-winning service.
Surrounded by 30 acres of woodlands and landscaped grounds, the Center encourages fresh perspectives and creative thinking. Designed for adult learning, the retreat-like setting underscores UNC Executive Development’s commitment to delivering quality executive education and to support meaningful reflection and lasting learning.
The Rizzo Center is located less than 20 minutes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport. The University of North Carolina campus and downtown Chapel Hill are just 3 miles away.
Accommodations at the Rizzo Center include a spectacular hotel, meals and all the amenities offered by the hotel. Program participants will have accommodations made on their behalf by SMACNA at The Rizzo Center. See registration form for additional information.
The registration fee includes program materials, hotel accommodations (4 nights), breakfast / lunch / dinner each day, and transportation to offsite events.
This program is open to SMACNA members only.