Among the Engineering News-Record magazine’s Mountain States edition, 2016 Best Projects winners were several SMACNA contractors. Judges from all areas of the industry analyzed projects across a nine-state region.
SMACNA winners included:
- Central Utah Sheet Metal, Santaquin,Utah, won a merit award each for Carbon County Courts and Administration Building of Price, Utah, and for The Road Home Midvale Shelter of Midvale, Utah.
- Cherringtons Inc., West Valley City, Utah, for Weber State University Tracy Hall Science Center, Ogden, Utah, and University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law of Salt Lake City (merit award).
- Schoppe Company Inc., Salt Lake City, for Mount Jordan Middle School, Sandy, Utah (merit award).
- Empire Heating and Air, Orem, Utah, for Marmalade Branch Library, Salt Lake City.
- RM Chris Sheet Metal, West Jordan, Utah, for Neuroworx Medical Office Building, Sandy, Utah (merit award).
- MSSM Corp., Pueblo, Colo., for Traeger Wood Fire Grills Corporate Office, Salt Lake City, and High Star Ranch Deloria Center of Kansas, Utah (merit award).