As a CEO or senior executive, you don’t have to lead in a vacuum. Learn how to get help with business challenges, share ideas, and tap outside resources to improve your strategic thinking during the education session “Using a Board of Directors, Peer Groups, and Other Resources to Challenge and Enhance Performance,” a New Horizons Foundation project, at SMACNA’s 74th Annual Convention in Maui, Oct. 22-25.
Construction industry companies are seeking solutions to the challenges they face in today’s competitive business environment. One area increasingly being adopted is the use of high-functioning boards of directors, peer groups and additional external resources to provide objective input to enhance performance.
Michael Mangum will share the firsthand experience of running his own company and working with industry leaders to help you get the best results from these resources.
Participants will learn:
- How a board of directors links with your company’s vision and mission
- How to prepare for challenges as your company evolves and grows
- How sharing new ideas with outside players taps into powerful resources
- That you aren’t the only one facing business challenges
- How to tap into outside resources to improve strategic thinking
- How to share ideas and get help with business challenges
- Why leadership is not a singular activity
As a principal with the FMI Corporation’s Center for Strategic Leadership, Mr. Mangum brings 35-plus years of experience in the construction industry to bear on the challenges confronting today’s leaders. He is passionate about driving organizational change through strategic thought and personal transformation. He was born into a family construction business in Raleigh, N.C., and served as its president and CEO.
SMACNA’s 74th Annual Convention takes place at the Grand Wailea and Wailea Beach Resort-Marriott, Maui, Oct. 22-25, in stunning Hawaii. Be sure to get your early-bird discount by July 15. Register today on SMACNA’s Annual Convention webpage.