Angela Simon, president of Western Allied Mechanical Inc. and SMACNA president-elect talks about her 30-year journey of working for and going up the ranks in the male-dominated industry of construction in the first Construction Leader Podcast.
Hear what she has to say about:
- What attracted her to work in the construction industry and how her stint as a college level competitive athlete has helped in her career.
- How Western Allied Mechanical boasts a 40% female workforce outpacing the construction industry norm.
- How she and her husband successfully maintain work and family life balance through her transition and journey from being a project manager, partner, and now a president.
- The challenges and knowledge that she has gone through and learned from rising through the ranks.
- Three things construction companies can do to successfully hire women to work in the industry.