With an overall lower average experience modification rate (EMR) from last year, the 2019 safety survey results show that safety and health continue to be a high priority for SMACNA contractors. SMACNA congratulates its members for their outstanding performance in occupational safety and health through SMACNA’s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP).
SMACNA is proud to formally acknowledge the 2019 SSEAP winners and to salute the top chapters with the highest level of survey participants. For the SSEAP, member winners are determined by man-hour categories and OSHA incidence rates. The Canadian SSEAP awarded an overall first place winner and one honorable mention winner based on statistics particular to Canadian safety programs.
Over 500,000 hours
- University Mechanical and Engineering Contractors, Inc. – El Cajon, Calif.
- University Mechanical Contractors, Inc. – Mukilteo, Wash.
- University Mechanical and Engineering Contractors, Inc. - Tempe, Ariz.
- Western Allied Mechanical – Menlo Park, Calif.
- MG McGrath Architectural Surfaces – Maplewood, Minn.
- Dee Cramer, Inc. – Holly, Mich.
- Bel-Aire Mechanical, Inc. – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Climate Engineers – Hiawatha, Iowa
- Streimer – Portland, Ore.
- Mechanical Service and Systems, Inc. – Salt Lake City, Utah
- Critchfield Mechanical of Southern California – Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Broadway Mechanical-Contractors – Oakland, Calif.
- Air Comfort Corporation – Broadview, Ill.
- Modern Controls, Inc. – New Castle, Del.
- Ernest D. Menold, Inc. – Lester, Penn.
- Air Central, Inc. – Honolulu, Hawaii
- West Coast Architectural Sheet Metal – San Jose, Calif.
- MechOne, Inc. – Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Master Sheet Metal, Inc.- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Leibold, Inc. – Pottsville, Penn.
- Ohio Fabricators, Inc. – Akron, Ohio
- L & M Sheet Metal Fabricators, Inc. – Snohomish, Wash.
- Restaurant Ventilation Design, Inc. – Wenonah, Penn.
- Total Comfort Solutions Heating and Air Conditioning – New Britain, Penn.
Chapter Participation Awards
- SMCA of Philadelphia and Vicinity
- SMACNA Western Washington
- SMACNA Hawaii
Canada SSEAP Winners
Modern Niagara – Toronto, Ottawa, Canada
VETS Sheet Metal – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Second place, third place and honorable mention winners will receive their trophies in the mail this summer. First place winners and the overall Canadian winner will be recognized and receive their trophies at the SMACNA’s Annual Convention in Austin at the Annual Business Meeting on Wednesday Oct. 23, 2019.