SMACNA delivers members the latest COVID-19 news impacting members, workers, businesses, and communities straight to the in-boxes. Read updates on COVID-19 health, safety, and preparedness plans as well as the latest news on Congressional and economic stimulus efforts aimed at helping business owners and workers get through this unsettling time.
Below are the top five most viewed COVID-19-related posts in SMACNA Connect for the week of April 27th:
1. Updated: COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan. A template for preparing your own response plan.
2. Contracts Bulletin – Force Majeure Provisions: COVID-19. An overview of how “force majeure” provisions affect contractors amid COVID-19-related delays. Overview of how contractors are impacted by Force
3. Updated: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) FAQS for SMACNA members. Your frequently asked questions about PPP answered.
Updates include answers related to:
- The latest guidance issued on April 28, 2020
- How PPPs can be disbursed
- Delayed disbursements
- Funds to refinance an existing EIDL
- SBA PPP audits
4. Decision Tree for FFCRA and the CARES Act. A guide to help employers navigate through the Emergency FMLA and Emergency Paid Sick Leave laws.
5. Contracts Bulletin – COVID-19: Increased Construction Costs. Information on common construction contract provisions that could allow subcontractors to recover costs incurred as a result of COVID-19
SMACNA will also continue to push COVID-19 information to members through four primary channels: