Each year, SMACNA recognizes our members for their outstanding performance in occupational safety and health through SMACNA’s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP). This year’s results for the 2016 safety survey shows that safety and health are a high priority for SMACNA contractors.
SMACNA is proud to acknowledge the 2016 safety winners including three Canadian firms, winners in the inaugural Canadian SSEAP, and to salute the top chapters with the highest level of survey participants. Member winners are determined in the following man-hour categories. The Canadian safety awards include an overall first-place winner and two honorable-mention winners.
Second- and third-place winners will receive their trophies by mail this summer. First-place winners will be acknowledged and receive their trophies during SMACNA’s 73rd Annual Convention in Phoenix, Oct. 16-19.
The 2016 safety award winners are:
Over 500,000 hours
- Corval Group – St. Paul, Minn.
- SSM Industries Inc. – Pittsburgh
- Temp Control Mechanical Corp. – Portland, Ore.
- Apollo Mechanical Contractors – Wilsonville, Ore.
- Icon Mechanical and Engineering LLC. – Granite City, Ill.
- M.G. McGrath Inc. – Maplewood, Minn.
- Bel-Aire Mechanical Inc. – Phoenix
- Martin Petersen Co. Inc. – Kenosha, Wis.
- Broadway Mechanical Contractors Inc. – Oakland, Calif.
- Climate Engineers – Hiawatha, Iowa
- Alliant Systems LLC – Beaverton, Ore.
- Arctic Sheet Metal Inc. – Portland, Ore.
- CMC Sheet Metal Inc. – Capitol Heights, Md.
- Couts Heating and Cooling – Corona, Calif.
- University Mechanical and Engineering Contractors – Tempe, Ariz.
- Lyon Sheet Metal Inc. – St. Louis
- Corn States Metal Fabricators Inc. – West Des Moines, Iowa
- Sheet Metal Werks – Arlington Heights, Ill.
- Norpac Sheet Metal – Billings, Mont.
- Hunter Mechanical – West Chester, Pa.
- Brady Air Conditioning Inc. – South San Francisco, Calif.
- Cromedy Construction Corp. – Philadelphia.
- Archview Metals Systems Co. – Columbia, Ill.
- Luthe Sheet Metal Inc. – Cherry Hill, N.J.
Chapter Participation Awards
- SMCA of Philadelphia and Vicinity
- SMACNA Western Washington
- Columbia Chapter SMACNA
Canadian Safety Winners
- Modern Niagara – Toronto, Ontario
Honorable Mention – Over 100,000 hours:
- Vets Sheet Metal Ltd. – Edmonton, Alberta
Honorable Mention – Under 100,000 hours:
- Trade-Mark Industrial Inc. – Cambridge, Ontario
SMACNA congratulates all our award winners on an excellent year. We want to thank all our members who participated in the program and we invite all SMACNA members to continue to strive toward the goal of improved safety excellence.