On the morning of April 17, 2019 SMACNA of Long Island members met with Representative Peter King (R-NY) for breakfast and to discuss several pertinent local and national legislative topics. During the discussion SMACNA of Long Island members were able to voice their concerns about current and upcoming legislation.
SMACNA of Long Island members were also able to give Rep. King an idea of what the current atmosphere of running a sheet metal business is like on Long Island, and that SMACNA of Long Island contractors are knowledgeable, well informed and dedicated to providing the highest quality of construction.
In attendance for this breakfast discussion were the following SMACNA LI members and staff:
- Mike DiGiuseppi, Anron Air Systems Inc.
- Al Sapio, Arlan Damper
- Chris Lyons, Associated Testing & Balance
- Michael McCarthy, Eastern Metalworks of NY
- Lawrence Raimondi, Eastern Metalworks of NY
- John Hauser, Eastern Metalworks of NY
- Bill Freese, ITB, Ltd.
- Melissa Barbour, SMACNA of Long Island
- Mike Albers, Triple S Air Systems, Inc.
Representative Peter King (R-NY) represents New York’s 2nd congressional district which covers portions of Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island. Re. King has served in the House of Representatives since 1993 and currently sits on the Financial Services Committee and the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.