Strategies and Tools for Effective Procurement is the latest addition to SMACNA’s Contractors Operations Manual. An effective procurement plan for any contractor should be focused on delivering the right material, at the right time, to the right location for the right price.
Procurement on a construction project includes pricing, ordering, planning, receiving, storing materials and making sure they are within budget and meet the required specifications. Procurement can account anywhere from 15% to 70% of a project’s direct costs and should be given the same weight as managing the risk of construction labor on a project.
While there is no single method for measuring a contractor’s procurement effectiveness, procurement can positively or adversely affect a contractor’s bottom line. Available to SMACNA members only, this new white paper explores:
- The importance that procurement has on the success of a construction project
- The elements of an effective procurement plan
- Different methods for contracting materials
- Tools to manage that procurement
- Advanced procurement processes
Download this members-only resource.