The New Horizons Foundation (NHF) and SMACNA have partnered with ELECTRI International and NECA to help industry specialty contractors assess, capture and act on "The Impact of COVID-19 on Productivity."
Many subcontractors have faced additional costs associated with performing work at jobsites during the COVID-19 outbreak and in the fabrication processes integral to project completion. These additional COVID-19-related costs come in many forms including:
- Material cost increases for production delays and supply chain disruption.
- Inspection delays or additional costs incurred due to updated inspections processes.
- Costs of additional personal protective equipment or health inspections.
- Increased equipment needs
- Labor costs incurred due to jobsite shutdowns; and
- Technology costs to implement remote owner, architect, and contractor meetings or inspections.
The two-part study focuses on Pandemic Mitigation Tracking and Productivity Benchmarking. This interim report addresses pandemic mitigation productivity losses captured by the two foundations.
To assist NHF in collecting additional Productivity Benchmarking data, please contact Tom Soles, Executive Director, New Horizons Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-402-7395.