Industry Fund Management Webcast
If you are a new chapter executive, or even if you have been in your position for several years, the job of sorting through the myriad laws, rules, and convoluted language associated with Industry Fund management is a complex one.
As part of an ongoing effort to aid chapters facing this complex challenge, SMACNA held a forty-five-minute webcast on March 7. This well-attended webcast provided new executives with much needed information on the basics. It also provided a great refresher course for seasoned pros looking to gain additional insight into the inner workings and fundamentals of Industry Fund management and operations.
Moderated by Joye Blanscett, SMACNA’s director of labor services, Daniel Kelly and Michael McNally, attorneys from Felhaber Larson shared their expert knowledge. The webcast covered a range of topics, including:
- Why a local industry fund?
- What is the proper industry fund structure?
- The interplay between the local industry fund and the chapter/association.
- The impact of federal labor and tax law on industry funds.
- The permissible and impermissible fund uses.
- Industry fund governance, policies, and practices to have in place.
To view this free webcast, please click here.