The SMART–SMACNA joint Best Practices Market Expansion Task Force is conducting its third annual survey to get a snapshot of labor-management cooperation efforts — as well as internet and social media presence, use of free Partners in Progress Resources, and more — during the difficult year of 2020.
The data collected will reflect the attitudes and experiences of member contractors, chapters, SMART Locals, business managers and agents; JATC coordinators; apprentices, foremen, supervisors, and labor-management cooperation committee or trust members. This information will assist the task force with developing resources and best practices for recruiting, retention, and market expansion. Please note: All data will be shared only in aggregate form and individual responses will remain confidential.
- The survey includes questions on the following topics:
- State of current labor-management relationship and changes from previous years;
- Perceived importance of labor-management cooperation;
- Awareness of and use of Partners in Progress resources; and
- Internet and social media presence.
The 2021 SMART–SMACNA Labor-Management Cooperation Survey opens today, April 1, 2021. Deadline for completion is September 1, 2021.
Aggregate survey results will be shared in upcoming SMACNA, SMART, and Partners in Progress publications. If you have questions, please send them to Kaarin Engelmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.