The newest SmartMarket Report, “Safety Management in the Construction Industry 2021” is now available from Dodge Data & Analytics. SMACNA was a research partner, and numerous contractors within the construction industry answered survey questions on safety and health management policies, practices and training.
Some of the key findings of the report include:
- Increasing use of existing technology such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) for safety purposes as well as emerging technologies such as virtual reality for safety training.
- Small and mid-size contractors agree that having a standardized process for implementing safety is a benefit to the project.
- Large contractors tend to use data more often than smaller companies in implementing safety programs.
- The ability to negotiate better insurance terms and the willingness of workers to report unsafe work conditions were seen as key benefits to successful safety programs.
- The report highlights Lean Construction and Prevention through Design (PtD) as two programs every contractor should be aware of and consider implementing on projects.
Please click here to find the full report.