Building on a history of duct construction standards nearly 100 years old, the Fourth Edition of SMACNA’s HVAC Duct Construction Standards – Metal and Flexible represents the state of the art in sheet metal duct fabrication and installation requirements.
Significant changes for the new edition of this flagship standard include:
- Flat oval tables for positive/negative pressure applications;
- Spray and aerosolized duct sealants;
- Non-fiberglass duct liner applications;
- Added information on spiral duct fittings;
- Updates to duct hanger requirements; and
- Flexible duct hanger spacing and support bracing.
You can read the official press release by clicking here.
SMACNA members and chapters can not only be among the first to own the newly released Fourth Edition, but they are also entitled to one free* copy of this book.
An email went out on Tuesday, October 12 to chapter executives and member primary contacts (owners, presidents, CEOs) with a promotional code. Please refer to that email for information on how to get your free* copy of this Standard.
* Please note that each SMACNA member company and chapter office is limited to only one complimentary copy of either the printed version or the digital version of this book, and shipping charges will apply to all hard copy book orders.