Building a tower more than half-a-mile high from ground level can present great unforeseen challenges that can potentially overrun costs and project delivery schedules.
- For fixing any defect (in case of a design error), it would take 4 hours for a lift to deliver sub-assemblies, repair, and replacement material, making rework prohibitively expensive & time-consuming.
Pinnacle created impeccable designs and helped improve the project turnaround times significantly. The tools helped Pinnacle detail and coordinate every design, eliminating any uncertainties that could have led to cost and time overruns. With 5,925 shop drawings and 1,255 builders' work drawings for more than 83 floors, seamless communication between a team of 40 project engineers was the key. Pinnacle combined its project experience with global BIM practices to bring precision to Jeddah Tower's designs.
- While designing the MEP services, the entire MEP scope can get severely complicated if the building structure is as unique as the Jeddah Tower and has a limited ceiling space with restricted manoeuvrability. Pinnacle added precision and yielded key benefits like:
- 100% accuracy and certainty in MEP Design with Revit months before the construction stage
- Clash coordination between mechanical ducts and rebars
- Overcoming structural challenges concerning exterior designs, especially making the smooth slope facade of the building functional, provisions for wind and storms at 700 meters, etc.
- Overcoming 40000 service clashes, which helped reduce 3 to 4 hours of rework per clash
- Issued over 1000 RFIs for resolving missing data, conflicts, constructability, aesthetic, maintenance, and accessibility issues
- Identified significant reduction in material wastage, thereby reducing the environmental impact – around 37 meters of cable tray, 100 ft sheet metal, and we saved 25 hangers due to intelligent routing of services without violating the core design
- Offered value engineering services – from the point of view of sustainability, it became possible to cut down on wasted energy potential, thus bringing down the energy impact and power draw of the Jeddah Tower
- Performed the most extensive range of external static pressure calculations for the Jeddah Tower with near perfection
What The Client Says
"Pinnacle did an excellent job of deputing a large, experienced team of BIM Engineering professionals on-site and their production centers. They redesigned the complete MEP services based on our updated requirements which helped us in material finalization and procurement. Identifying the constructability issues in the pre-construction stage saved us all the rework and costs," Ziad Aboul Hosn | Project Director, MEP, The Jeddah Tower.
A Super Savings Bonanza
1. Reduced the project costs by about $180 million, a staggering 15% of the total project cost
2. Saved about 40% time on the project delivery schedule
Learn more about Pinnacle’s MEP services.
See the full line of Pinnacle Infotech services here.
Contact a Pinnacle Infotech representative here.
Pinnacle Infotech provides innovative Building Information Modelling (BIM) solutions and services to architects, engineers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants across the world.