Improving the efficiency and quality of duct and fittings starts with metal cutting equipment. Metal cutting is a vital step in the HVAC fabrication process and affects the quality of the finished product. The Lockformer Vulcan Laser-Max 1.5 is the optimal solution and using this fiber laser over plasma also increases cut speed and quality.
Since the introduction of the Vulcan® Laser-Max 1.5, Lockformer continues to develop advanced technology for the industry’s only enclosed sheet metal cutting system with open architecture allowing for sheet fed or coil fed capabilities. The added Torch Height Control (THC) system features automatic setup, eliminates manual calibration, sets cut height by contact sensing technology, and saves the torch tip and head from damage with the anti-plunge mode.
- Cutting Speeds up to three times faster than a conventional plasma cutter
- High-quality cut like that of a high-definition plasma cutter on mild steel and stainless steel
- Complete compressed air system
- Can be sheet fed or coil fed - coil feed capabilities made easy with elimination of full table enclosure
- Laser cutting allows for minimal heat affected on the piece edge and less wear to downstream equipment
- Minimal kerf combined with 4-axis controls allows for the completion of intricate patterns
- Laser cutting uses less heat – edges are not hardened leading to less wear and tear on other machinery
- Exclusive patent–pending technology allows the operator to access parts directly from the table and eliminates the need for a pallet shuttle system
- All rack and pinion 4-axis (2-y, 1-x, 1-z) controlled - Z is servo driven with automatic torch height
Because of the many features and benefits it offers, the Lockformer Vulcan® Laser Max 1.5 Fiber Laser Cutting System is the ideal way to produce sheet metal HVAC fittings.
See the Lockformer Vulcan® Laser-Max 1.5 in person for a live demonstration at the upcoming AHR Expo in Las Vegas from January 31 – February 2, 2022, in booth C1330. Mestek Machinery will have collection of their best duct and fittings fabrication machinery available at the show for demonstrations.
Please view the entire line of Mestek Machinery products here.
Have a question for Mestek Machinery? Contact Mestek Machinery here.
Mestek Machinery is an industry-leading provider of the most complete, innovative metal forming solutions, specializing in machinery manufacturing for HVAC ductwork.