Financial Tools for SMACNA Contractors bridges the gap between the construction operations and the business functions of a company. It teaches fundamental financial concepts and provides information to apply the concepts in today's business world.
The book covers such topics as:
- interpreting financial statements,
- accounting practices,
- work in process,
- job cost accounting,
- financial analysis and indicators,
- projections and budgets,
- effective use of credit,
- protecting company assets and information, and
- making decisions in volatile conditions.
In Financial Tools for SMACNA Contactors the financial and management processes for a sheet metal company are separated into three sections:
1) the foundation - getting the basics right and on time
2) the structure - understanding where you are and looking at the road ahead
3) the process - making decisions and overcoming road blocks