SMACNA is dedicated to helping members run successful businesses and provides them with many benefits that lead to competitive advantages. These efforts include:
- Strengthening labor management relations.
- Amplifying members’ voices in Washington, D.C. through legislative and regulatory advocacy.
- Developing technical standards and guidelines with input from members.
- Creating a community of professionals devoted to developing the best safety and health programs.
- Providing the best local and national industry training and educational events on a diverse range of business and operational topics .
- Offering discounted events, educational programs, and resources at a value worth more than membership dues.
- Planning networking opportunities to establish peer groups with non-competitors from other markets.
- Giving access to top suppliers and vendors.
- Sharing the latest trends and news via its industry-leading publications and newsletters.
Many members talk about the value SMACNA provides by creating opportunities where contractors can come together, learn, network, and return to their businesses fully energized with ideas and new abilities to strengthen their companies.
Association committees, task forces, trusts and joint committees are composed entirely of SMACNA members, or have SMACNA representatives on them.
SMACNA regular membership is available to contractor firms signatory to a collective bargaining agreement that install, fabricate, manufacture or service HVAC, industrial duct systems, architectural sheet metal applications or sheet metal products.