SMACNA will celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, highlighting the value of apprentices and the registered apprenticeship programs in which they participate. SMACNA and SMART members can join in the celebration by posting on social why apprentices are essential to our work and why registered apprenticeship programs provide the most skilled and experienced workforce in the sheet metal trade.
In addition to our celebration, the U.S. Department of Labor will be holding official recognition events to commemorate this occasion. Feel free to use any of these daily themes to participate:
- Monday, Nov. 14: Registered Apprenticeship in New and Emerging Industries
- Tuesday, Nov. 15: Pre-Apprenticeship and Youth Apprenticeship
- Wednesday, Nov. 16: Expanding Registered Apprenticeship to Underserved Populations
- Thursday, Nov. 17: Women in Apprenticeship
- Friday, Nov. 18: Public Service Apprenticeship and Veterans in Apprenticeship
When you post, make sure to use the #NAW2022 so a nationwide audience can see your post.