We all have a responsibility to use all the tools available to keep ourselves and others safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Collectively and quickly responding to this pandemic is the most important immediate issue we face as an industry. The COVID-19 vaccine is a safe and easily implemented tool now at our disposal to battle the pandemic and return to a normal life at home and on the job. The following resources will help contractors to educate employees and encourage a healthy and vaccinated workforce.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Accurate vaccine information is critical and can help stop common myths and rumors.
- Get the facts about COVID-19 vaccines - Mayo Clinic
- COVID-19 vaccine myths debunked – Mayo Clinic News Network
- Types of Vaccines - Different COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
- Vaccine Effectiveness - Ensuring COVID-19 Vaccines Work | CDC
- Vaccine FAQ - Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
- Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine - EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (janssenlabels.com)
- Vaccine Recipient Fact Sheet | EUA | Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (modernatx.com)
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (fda.gov)
Communicating with your employees
By providing information about COVID-19 vaccination and establishing supportive policies and practices, employers can help increase vaccine uptake among employees. Share clear, complete, and accurate messages, promote confidence in the decision to get vaccinated, and engage your employees in plans to address potential barriers to vaccination. Strong confidence in the vaccines within your workplace leads to more people getting vaccinated, which leads to fewer COVID-19 illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- Building Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
- COVID-19 State of Vaccine Confidence Insights Report #13 (cdc.gov)
- Start Building Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines Now
- How to Build COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence in the Workplace (cdc.gov)
COVID-19 Key Messages Handout – English and Spanish
- Customizable COVID-19 Vaccine Content for Community-Based Organizations | CDC
- IPR Vaccine (instituteforpr.org)
Contractors that want to bounce back quickly from the pandemic will need every employee available to perform at their best. So, encouraging employees to be vaccinated makes a lot of sense. Implementing a vaccination campaign for employees designed to build confidence will go a long way to educating employees about the vaccine’s benefits.
- Find Resources & Toolkits | WECANDOTHIS.HHS.GOV
- Developing a COVID-19 Workplace Vaccination Campaign: Common Questions and Answers | Carlton Fields
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication (nih.gov)
- COVID-19 Vaccines - Digital Resources Center | U.S. Chamber of Commerce (uschamber.com)
Tests are an effective tool to help employers prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. Tests, when used for screening employees in non-healthcare workplaces, can detect current infection before an employee enters the workplace or returns to work.
- Antigen Testing for Screening in Non-Healthcare Workplaces | CDC
- SARS-CoV-2 Testing Strategy: Considerations for Non-Healthcare Workplaces | COVID-19 | CDC
- Workplace SARS-CoV-2 Testing: Consent Elements and Disclosures | CDC
- Case Investigation and Contact Tracing in Non-healthcare Workplaces: Information for Employers | CDC
- On Site at the Workplace
- Key Elements of a Model Workplace Safety and Health COVID-19 Vaccination Program (nih.gov)