March 2015 memorandum from SMACNA Labor Relations that outlines key aspects of the Consolidated National Agreement for Industrial Construction, unilaterally developed by SMART.
The Industrial Agreement is between individual contractors and the SMART International Union, making it a national agreement, and covers conditions of employment for industrial projects beyond the territorial limits of the home local union jurisdiction. Wage equalization applies.
The agreement excludes:
- air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems installed in building enclosures to provide human comfort, semiconductor and nanotechnology plants;
- all architectural sheet metal work and work scopes described by the SMWIA Building Enclosure Agreement; work scope described by the SMART National Agreement for Industrial Paint Finishing Systems and for the Automotive Industry;
- work scopes described by the SMWIA National Green, Energy and Testing Agreement;
- work scopes described by the SMWIA National HVAC Service and Facilities Management Agreement;
- work scopes described by the Sign 3 Industry Standard Form of Union Agreement and any other SMWIA National Agreements or such other work as may be specifically excluded from coverage under mutual agreement between the parties.
The Agreement shall not supersede any local or National Project Labor Agreements.